These Terms of Service apply to NON-COMMERCIAL projects only. For commercial projects, terms will be defined in a contract.
Quotes, Pricing, and Payment
- Base prices are subject to change without notice; quotes requested or discussed prior to price updates are not affected.
- Given a complete description of a commission idea, a quote will be provided. Quotes are good for 30 days.
- Commissions under $100
- Full payment is required prior to the Artist beginning the work.
- Commissions under $100 are nonrefundable once work has been begun.
- Preparatory sketchwork is not provided for Client approval unless specifically requested.
- Excessive requests to change or alter sketchwork will incur additional fees.
- Changes and alterations to completed work in traditional media is not possible.
- Commissions over $100
- For commissions over $100, initial quotes are preliminary.
- Following the Client’s approval of the preliminary quote, preparatory sketchwork begins.
- The preliminary quote is subject to change during the sketching period, where unforeseeable difficulties and changes in composition may arise. The Client may ONLY request changes be made during this sketch period. If excessive changes are requested, a down payment may be required before further work.
- If, after preparatory sketchwork has begun or been completed, a Client never follows through with the full commission, they may be blacklisted and barred from further commissions until that commission is completed or otherwise resolved.
- Initial payment is due within 15 days of when the Client approves of a sketch and a final quote is provided. Failure to render payment within the specified time may null the commission and provided quote.
- By default, a minimum of 50% payment is due before final work begins, but other options can be discussed and arranged for.
- For commissions done in multiple payments, all payments already received are nonrefundable.
- For commissions paid in full up front, a partial refund can be arranged depending on the amount of work already completed.
- If the Artist has already finished all work pertaining to the commission, it is nonrefundable.
- The Artist is not responsible for shipped goods after they enter the postal system. Basic tracking is included for all domestic US shipping. Other types of tracking or delivery confirmation, including those for international orders, must be negotiated beforehand.
Contact, Communication, and Cancellation
- The Artist and Client will communicate via email. The Artist will NOT discuss commission work via an instant messaging, journal, or public forum service. Please do not attempt to discuss commission work with the Artist via social media platforms or public forum topics.
- At any point during a commission, if the Artist does not receive a needed reply from the Client within two weeks, the commission may be canceled. If payment has already been received in whole or part, full or partial refunds are left to the Artist’s discretion depending on the amount of work already completed.
- Estimated turnaround is provided at the time of the first (or only) payment unless a deadline has already been discussed. If unexpected issues arise, the Artist will contact the Client as soon as possible to provide a new estimated completion date. If this becomes excessive, the Client may request a full or partial refund, depending on the amount of work already completed.
- For more intensive commissions, the Artist may provide periodic updates at various steps like lineart, flat colors, shading, background, etc. If a multiple payment plan is arranged, these updates will generally coincide with each partial payment. For smaller commissions, to provide prompt turnarounds, no periodic updates are provided unless specifically requested.
- The Artist does not necessarily work on commissions on a first-come, first-served basis. Smaller commissions may be bumped in front of larger commissions for convenience, and several larger projects may be worked on concurrently.
- The Artist may cancel the commission at any time if the Client is excessively or continuously rude, demanding, childish, or inappropriate. The Client will not be refunded and will be blacklisted.
- The Artist may refuse service to any Client for any reason.
Content and Subject Matter
- Except for “artistic license” commissions, the Client should already have a general idea of what they want before initiating contact with the Artist. If the Client is unsure about certain details, the Artist can provide suggestions, but the core of the commission should already have been decided.
- Reference pictures and/or photos should be provided by the Client when appropriate. NSFW (Not Safe For Work) links should be marked as such. Supplementary references may be suggested by the Artist if the Artist finds certain details unclear.
- The Artist will NOT handle any sexually explicit, pornographic, or purposely hateful commissions. Non-explicit fetish, artistic nudity, violence, gore, and satirical work will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- The Artist reserves the right to refuse any commission for any reason.
Display, Usage and Rights
- Unless otherwise negotiated, the Artist retains all the rights to the artwork, including licensing and reproduction rights.
- The Artist has no claim of ownership on characters depicted.
- The Client may use the artwork for non-commercial, non-promotional purposes.
- The Client may resize or crop the artwork to create icons, wallpapers, or other graphics.
- The Client cannot directly alter the artwork itself (eg, the Client cannot change the hair color or other features of depicted characters, etc).
- The Artist may display commissioned work on any personal website or gallery, create prints or other products, use commissioned work in promotional materials, etc. If the commissioned work is a time-sensitive gift, the Artist may delay public showcase at the request of the Client.
- If the art is a physical, real media piece and the Client chooses not to receive the original, the Artist may sell it at a later date.