Amateur calligraphy continues. So far I’ve learned that:
- This pen is hella bleedy, even in my sketchbook, which usually holds up pretty well.
- I have no idea how to write in a straight line (actually I knew that already).
- I do not like the lowercase “d” in Gothic-style lettering.
- I really like writing with the edge of the corner, but I have like zero control when I do so. The Parallel is also kinda inconsistent with when it wants to actually write when I use just the corner.
- It turns out really cool when the inkflow is inconsistent in the middle of a letter, but I wish I could figure out how to control that better.
- Calligraphy is kinda weird because letters are formed in ways that are completely different from when you write normally.
- Calligraphy is really a thing you should do on a flat surface (VS a tilted surface), so I really shouldn’t use my sketchbook, maaaah.
Lyrics by Coldplay, Ingrid Michaelson, and Imogen Heap.